Pages

Monday, July 04, 2005

Land that I love




In all the tragedy and shock of 9/11, something valuable was restored to me. I regained the love of my country that the Vietnam war protests and Watergate had stolen. I renewed my appreciation of our unparalleled freedom and the courage and duty of our armed forces that have preserved it.

I honor God's unwarranted gift of allowing me to live here with the wonderful variety of men and women that he has likewise blessed. From the stouthearted determination of the pioneers, the clay-footed elegance of the antebellum plantations and the readiness to roll the dice that every willing immigrant had to have -- the legacies of all who have gone before make our lives richer.

I am thankful to have compatriots under the flag with whom I can link arms and say, "I am glad to be an American." May God bless us and keep us faithful to himself.

0 comments:

 

Followers

Sample Text

We are grateful ladies with a point of view and a sense of humor. Like-hearted people are welcome. Others, too.

For a glimpse at our lighter side, hop over to In Dwelling.

E-mail us.

Sample text

"There is no God who condones taking the life of an innocent human being. This much we know."

Pres. Barack Obama, Feb 5, 2009