Pages

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Reparation Day

A private litany for God's people of the United States of America:

R. Lord, have mercy on us.
Jesus, we trust in you.


Have mercy on me, O God, in your kindness.
In your compassion, blot out my offenses. (Ps 51)

R.

You have seen the trouble and sorrow,
You note it, you take it in hand.
The helpless trusts himself to you
For you are the helper of the orphan. (Ps 10)

R.

God of hosts, turn again we implore.
Look down from heaven and see.
Visit this vine and protect it,
The vine your right hand has planted. (Ps 80)

R.

And the apostles said to the Lord,
"Increase our faith." (Luke 17)

R.

God is our refuge and strength
A very present help in distress. (Ps 46)

R.

"Be it done to me according to your word." (Luke 2)

R.

You sit enthroned, judging with justice.
Have pity on us in our sufferings,
You who save us from the gates of death. (Ps 9)

R.

On this rock I shall build my church
And the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. (Mt 16)

R.

I will remove disaster from among you
So that none may recount your disgrace. (Zeph 3)

R.

Many conduct themselves as enemies of the cross of Christ,
But our citizenship is in heaven.
Stand firm in the Lord, beloved. (Phil 3-4)

R.

Mortal man is no more than a breath.
O Lord, hear my prayer.
O Lord, turn your ear to my cry.
Do not be deaf to my weeping. (Ps 39)

R.

Whatever gains I had, I count as loss
Because of the supreme good of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. (Phil 3)

R.

He, the Lord, is our God.
Throughout the eath his judgments prevail. (Ps 105)

R.

Before my people call, I will answer;
While they are yet speaking,
I will hear and answer them. (Is 65)

R.

Wait for the Lord with courage --
Be stouthearted. Wait for the Lord. (Ps 27)

R.

Hold onto the word of life. (Phil 2)

R.

My soul clings to you;
Your right hand holds me fast. (Ps 63)

R.

I say to God, my rock, "Why hast thou forgotten me?"
My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.
O send me thy light and thy truth,
My help and my God. (Ps 42-43)

R.

Be pleased, O Lord, to deliver us. (Ps 40)

R.

What is sown is perishable; what is raised is imperishable.
It is sown in dishonor -- it is reaped in glory.
It is sown in weakness -- it is raised in power. (1Cor 15)

R.

Behold, a white horse. He who sits upon it is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he judges and makes war. On his robe and on his thigh he has a name inscribed -- King of Kings and Lord of Lords. (Rev. 19)

R.

Adonai says to my lord, "Sit at my right hand until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet." Ps 110

R.

Be exalted, O God, among the heavens. (Ps 108)

R.

Let us pray.

O God who makes all things new, accept our sacrifice of contrition and praise, and glorify yourself in us.

Give us the grace to be conformed to your will and your heart in every particular.

Do not dispose as we deserve but have mercy on us as we offer you the body and blood, soul and divinity of your dearly beloved son, our Lord Jesus Christ.

We ask all these things with the help of all the saints and angels and in submission to our Lord, Jesus Christ your Son, our Lord, and the King of all Kings.

Amen.

1 comments:

Salome Ellen said...

THANK YOU! I have been praying Fr. Pavone's patriotic rosary, and I needed something for today.

 

Followers

Sample Text

We are grateful ladies with a point of view and a sense of humor. Like-hearted people are welcome. Others, too.

For a glimpse at our lighter side, hop over to In Dwelling.

E-mail us.

Sample text

"There is no God who condones taking the life of an innocent human being. This much we know."

Pres. Barack Obama, Feb 5, 2009