Pages

Friday, January 30, 2009

Prolife Superbowl Ad? Not if the network refuses to run it

I guess all dollars are not equal.

A short pro-life video ("beautiful", "tasteful", and "inspiring" are among the comments often evoked) is not acceptable as an advertising spot during the Superbowl, NBC has decided. The video has become a viral hit, with over 700,000 viewings over a one-week span.

According to published reports, NBC indicated that they are "not interested in advertisements involving political advocacy or issues." That makes me wonder. What would happen if the national election were held two months after the Superbowl rather than two months before?

Is the video offensive? Is it political? You be the judge.



Update: I went to the Anheuser Busch website and sent them this message:
NBC has declined to accept the video from CatholicVote.org as a Superbowl advertisement. It is my intention to make note of all Superbowl advertising sponsors and stop purchasing their products if this video is refused. It is also my intention to communicate this to people on my blog, hoping that others spread the word and imitate.

Anheuser Busch has always had the most (and most amusing) commercials during the Superbowl. I'm sorry this will be for naught this year. I'm sure I will enjoy them, but I will stop purchasing your product.

I suggest you contact NBC and ask them to make other arrangements.

Very truly yours,

Rosalind xxxxxxxxxxx

Does anyone want to join me?

1 comments:

kc bob said...

Great video!

 

Followers

Sample Text

We are grateful ladies with a point of view and a sense of humor. Like-hearted people are welcome. Others, too.

For a glimpse at our lighter side, hop over to In Dwelling.

E-mail us.

Sample text

"There is no God who condones taking the life of an innocent human being. This much we know."

Pres. Barack Obama, Feb 5, 2009