Sometimes I wonder if I really listen to God's perspective on how to live. It is astounding.
* It is better for us that Jesus went away, because he was then able to send the Holy Spirit to be our guide and consolation.
* We don't have to worry about having enough to eat or the things we need to live, because God loves us like a father, and will see to it that we are cared for.
* We his people will do greater works than we saw Jesus do.
* It's a waste of effort to try to protect my own life, because the one who loses his life is the one who saves it. It's not up to me.
* If we throw our cares and worries on God, we will see first hand how He cares for us, really and personally.
* There is forgiveness. That deserves to be capitalized - Forgiveness. Bad things get made new. God plucks them out of our backpacks. He kneads them into diamonds, then He puts them back in. What did we do to deserve such generosity? Exactly nothing. In fact, all our efforts to earn it just get in the way. It's a very non-capitalist economy, isn't it?
* * * * * * *
I don't have any profound reflections on these snippets. It just strikes me that I should be astounded every day when I wake up to this reality.
This is Unquestionably True
5 hours ago