Pages

Tuesday, July 06, 2004

What was that, again?

Sometimes I wonder if I really listen to God's perspective on how to live. It is astounding.

* It is better for us that Jesus went away, because he was then able to send the Holy Spirit to be our guide and consolation.

* We don't have to worry about having enough to eat or the things we need to live, because God loves us like a father, and will see to it that we are cared for.

* We his people will do greater works than we saw Jesus do.

* It's a waste of effort to try to protect my own life, because the one who loses his life is the one who saves it. It's not up to me.

* If we throw our cares and worries on God, we will see first hand how He cares for us, really and personally.

* There is forgiveness. That deserves to be capitalized - Forgiveness. Bad things get made new. God plucks them out of our backpacks. He kneads them into diamonds, then He puts them back in. What did we do to deserve such generosity? Exactly nothing. In fact, all our efforts to earn it just get in the way. It's a very non-capitalist economy, isn't it?

* * * * * * *

I don't have any profound reflections on these snippets. It just strikes me that I should be astounded every day when I wake up to this reality.

Amazing. Grace.

2 comments:

GG said...

thank you for posting that.
What a view! Why don't I love by it fully?
I think it is the issue I will always confront: Independence vs. dependence. Am I acting independent from God- by my own rules.. or am I fully dependent on his view, his ideals, his heart...

Roz said...

That's why I love the analogy of the diamond - God using everything, even our sinfulness, as something that glorifies Him as we allow Him to transform it.

I've been thinking a lot about how to think about our part in "fighting the good fight of faith." Maybe it will turn up as a post one day.

 

Followers

Sample Text

We are grateful ladies with a point of view and a sense of humor. Like-hearted people are welcome. Others, too.

For a glimpse at our lighter side, hop over to In Dwelling.

E-mail us.

Sample text

"There is no God who condones taking the life of an innocent human being. This much we know."

Pres. Barack Obama, Feb 5, 2009