Pages

Friday, September 16, 2005

Alphabetize your spices and be holy?

Made you look.

I DO alphabetize my spices AND hang my clothes by color (and roughly in order by ROYGBIV). I like things orderly, so I don't have to remember anything. Life arranged for cruise control.

Perhaps this is why I love this quote by St. Augustine:

Peace is not the absence of activity, but the tranquility of order.


Seriously, in other words, passivity is not peace. Keeping your spiritual life in order, with humility and love, will give you peace.

This quote came back to me when I read "The 100 Greatest Catholic Quotes of All Time," an excellent post by Enbrethiliel. Golden words there, read and think of your own favorites.

1 comments:

Roz said...

I am so NOT like this. So I'll stick with St. Brigid:

"I would like a great lake of beer for the King of Kings. I would like to be watching Heaven's family drinking it through all eternity."

 

Followers

Sample Text

We are grateful ladies with a point of view and a sense of humor. Like-hearted people are welcome. Others, too.

For a glimpse at our lighter side, hop over to In Dwelling.

E-mail us.

Sample text

"There is no God who condones taking the life of an innocent human being. This much we know."

Pres. Barack Obama, Feb 5, 2009