Pages

Monday, December 10, 2007

This is the day



In 1978 when the Grace I received in Baptism, specifically to make me "born again," a child of God, a sister to Christ, a soul espoused to the Bridegroom, broke open in my heart. God made Himself known to my intellect and heart and I was permanently changed, most of you know what I mean. My ears and eyes were now open to the Divine, even though it took quite awhile, years and sins and sorrows, before I informed my will that we were on the true Way, whether my will liked it or not.

I thank God and Thomas Merton, a flawed but holy man, whose writings made me dizzy when I discovered them as a college student. This is also the anniversary of his death in 1968, and I "accepted Jesus" (as other Christians say) ten years afterwards to the day, although I didn't discover that until much later.

All you holy men and women, ora pro nobis!

(HT for picture to The Boar's Head Tavern, a lively group of Christians, mostly Evangelical.)

2 comments:

kc bob said...

Rejoicing with you TZ!!

Roz said...

". . .it took quite awhile, years and sins and sorrows, before I informed my will that we were on the true Way, whether my will liked it or not."

So well put!

What a long way Christ has brought you in that time. You are a worthy witness of the grace of God.

 

Followers

Sample Text

We are grateful ladies with a point of view and a sense of humor. Like-hearted people are welcome. Others, too.

For a glimpse at our lighter side, hop over to In Dwelling.

E-mail us.

Sample text

"There is no God who condones taking the life of an innocent human being. This much we know."

Pres. Barack Obama, Feb 5, 2009