Pages

Friday, April 24, 2009

I will only tell you this if you promise not to make a big deal about it

It's my birthday. Okay, hush now.

I'm telling you this because I have to share with you a poem a friend posted on my Facebook wall. I'm charmed.

Happy Birthday, Roz Mackraz Dieterich

Let's hear some applause for the Wizard of Roz!
(Those Zs in her name merely add to her fame;
on Facebook or Twitter,
girl's handle's got glitter.)

What I'm trying to say
in a memorable way
is that this one's a
summa cum laude.



Okay, how much fun is that?

Thanks to Kathryn Dearing, poet extraordinaire.

4 comments:

kc bob said...

I am late to the party again.. need to FB friend you before next years birthday :)

Anywho.. happy birthday Roz! Hope it was a great one!

Sadly, I roll up to another decade next month.

Roz said...

Thanks, Bob. Love to be "friends" with you.

And what's this "sadly . . . " I'm delighted that you've made it to another decade. Keep chugging.

TS said...

Happy Belated 29th!!

Therese Z said...

I am late to the party, too! I didn't write you down last year! Happy eventful birthday to you!!

 

Followers

Sample Text

We are grateful ladies with a point of view and a sense of humor. Like-hearted people are welcome. Others, too.

For a glimpse at our lighter side, hop over to In Dwelling.

E-mail us.

Sample text

"There is no God who condones taking the life of an innocent human being. This much we know."

Pres. Barack Obama, Feb 5, 2009