Pages

Saturday, April 09, 2005

Ten Things I'd Like To Do Before I Die

There was quite an entertaining flurry of posts all around the Catholic blogworld about the ten things you'd done that most people hadn't. I listed my lucky breaks. Roz listed her praiseworthy and eclectic ones.

Now, I'd love to hear the ten things you have yet to do. No "cures for cancer" or "world peace," unless you are actually a oncologist or a diplomat. What's on your life list of things you'd like to do before the end?

Here are mine:

1. Work a cotton candy machine at a fun fair.
2. Appear on the "Jeopardy" show.
3. Meet the President and/or the Pope, not just look at them from a distance.
4. Make change from one of those metal coin tube things that hang from a belt.
5. Learn to play the drums.
6. Visit every one of the fifty states.
7. Live in an English-speaking foreign country, in regular housing, doing regular everyday things, for at least a month.
8. Make a pilgrimage: to Avila or Lisieux. Stay in convents, walk most of the time, wear simple clothes, fast, the whole scallop shell experience.
9. Sponsor someone into the Catholic Church.
10. Cook dinner for Martha Stewart. (Honest! It used to be "Cook dinner for Julia Child!")

Most likely? The cotton candy gig, with one of those coin things on my belt, seems like a reasonable career goal. Least likely? Martha, Martha, Martha.

UPDATE: This is a hard list to keep short. I removed my original #2, "ride in a helicopter." I'd probably scream the whole time up and down, anyway. Thinking up good and exciting things to come is very cheering.....

6 comments:

Roz said...

Oh, I like this idea. I'll figure it out and post mine.

Then, how about things that would be cool to do but impossible. I, for one, would like to see the conclave bulletin board where the cardinals leave pertinent messages and thoughts for one another. Do you suppose they might post cartoons they think their brothers would enjoy?

Roz said...

My list is up over at In Dwelling

Anonymous said...

My list is up here.

Janjan said...

OK, I'll join in! You can find my list at

www.withissue.blogspot.net

Anonymous said...

1. Star in a movie with Ryan Reynolds

2. Skydive

3. Ride all the Roller Coaster in the U.S

Therese Z said...

Now I will go find out who Ryan Reynolds is...

 

Followers

Sample Text

We are grateful ladies with a point of view and a sense of humor. Like-hearted people are welcome. Others, too.

For a glimpse at our lighter side, hop over to In Dwelling.

E-mail us.

Sample text

"There is no God who condones taking the life of an innocent human being. This much we know."

Pres. Barack Obama, Feb 5, 2009